Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sweet Sunday

I couldn't resist the temptation to continue my alliterative title streak (in case anyone had noticed). 

My 5K today went well. I didn't get the best night's sleep (just too short, really), but I got to the race in plenty of time and felt good, and the weather was pleasantly cool and overcast. I hate to brag, but I managed to shatter my personal record by a full two minutes and five seconds--new record is now 31:26! That's just over 10 minute miles, when my previous record was around 11 minute miles! I was amazed that I could push myself that much harder. Needless to say I am pleased. I was also glad that my niece could come out to run/walk with my mom so she wouldn't feel like she was holding me back. She didn't quite beat her old record, but considering the fact that she arrived via redeye flight from LA this morning, she did great. I'm proud of her. 

Haiku News

Six-foot jellyfish
terrorize Japan's anglers;
this is no movie.

Mehdi Karrubi
blasts Iran for "thoughtless lies:"
protests not attacked??

1 comment:

Hans Ostrom said...

Wow, a 5K. Hey send me the recipe for that squash soup. ostrom@pugetsound.edu. Thanks.