Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A Pissy Missive

To my husband's employer:

You suck.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the fact that you employ my husband. I don't even mind that he works a lot sometimes. It's just that the last two weeks he has worked so much that either he has flat out had no time to help with the everyday chores he usually will, or I feel guilty asking him to spend what little downtime he has helping me with menial tasks. 

I didn't sign up for this. I realize that attorneys will occasionally work crap hours, but this is getting ridiculous. I don't know how single moms and military wives deal with this all the time. I was not cut out to multitask this much. For instance, from 4:00 this afternoon, I walked to the grocery store, purchased dinner supplies, walked home (in the rain), and immediately started on preparing dinner, which took me until it was time to put our small son to bed. It would normally have been my husband's night to handle bedtime, but thanks to you, I did that too. That also meant that my dinner was delayed until after 8:00 to do so. After eating dinner I had a mountain of dirty dishes to clean so that they wouldn't collapse on me tomorrow. Again, that's something I like to ask my husband to help with usually, especially on nights when I knock myself out cooking something from scratch (in this case, North African meatballs with couscous and glazed carrots), but was forced to do myself in his lack of free time. As I type this he is eating a marshmallow treat and will go to bed immediately afterward. I (you guessed it) will not, as I need to finish my blog, which I would have done earlier had I not had to play scullery maid. UGH!!!!!!!!!! YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and kisses,
Minerva

Haiku News

Man who crashed his plane
trying to fake his own death
gets four years; that twit.

High voter turnout
may weaken the Taliban
in Afghanistan.

North Korea thinks
since they gave us journalists,
they're owed direct talks?

No comments: