Thursday, October 15, 2009

Feelers.

Today was gloomy, cold, and rainy, but I still had a happy, laughing boy to share it with, so that was OK by me. 

As we ate our dinner, I lit a candle. Today was Pregnancy Loss Remembrance Day, and at 7PM across the world people lit candles for an hour to remember their lost babies. So at 7:00 I lit a candle and watched it burn for Rory. I don't think I'll ever get over the shock of losing my little one, but I'm glad to have a time to remember his/her little life, however brief. 

I'm going to try and start off our weekly poem-analysis thread today, and I'll take part of this post to let you know that NO comment is without value (i.e., don't be afraid to post any thought you have, nothing will be considered "stupid."). I will want to know what in the poem makes you think what you think about it. If that doesn't make sense, hopefully it will when you see my thoughts on the poem. I'll come back with the poem and my thoughts in a little bit. Stay tuned!

Haiku News

Six-year-old boy found
not in family's big balloon,
but in attic box.

Peter Criss of KISS
becomes a spokesperson for
male breast cancer. Cool.

Finland first country
to require fast internet
as a legal right.


No comments: