Sunday, June 14, 2009

*sigh*

Have you ever had a problem re-materialize that you thought had gone away? I am having that experience this evening. I am not going to air dirty laundry on this blog (I have other, more private outlets for that), but I think I can vent some of my frustration here anyway. It's just tough when you have known someone for so long, love them so fiercely, and have had some tough conversations with them about a mistake made in the past which you felt had resolved the problem long-term, only to have it rear its ugly head again. We are too old to be doing this yet again. It's time to grow up and start thinking before it's too late and something terrible and un-fixable happens. Don't you think?

In other news, I got to share my fun birth story with a new person today. I always enjoy telling people I had my 9lb. 5oz. baby boy in less than 12 hours and avoided a c-section, despite him being sunny-side-up at the beginning of labor. My doc turned him as I started pushing. He was charming the pants off all the girls at the party tonight, flirting mercilessly and doing all his little tricks: waving, winking, saying "hi!", running to and fro...no wonder he went down to sleep tonight so easily. Just as well when Mommy was in a state of mental turmoil.

In case my readers have missed them, there are now two more entries in this week's Poetry Challenge. You can read them here. I will be putting forth a new Challenge on Tuesday, so you'd best get cracking if you don't want to fall behind on assignments.

Haiku News

Lakers beat Magic,
their 15th championship...
sorry, I don't care.

Iran challenger
in election not promised
safety? Bad idea.

are these guys so popular?
I think they suck hard.

No comments: