Friday, September 11, 2009

A Brush with Fame.

Today for Mom's birthday we went to see a taping of The Bonnie Hunt Show. As is typical for this sort of production, we did not know until just before the taping began who the guests were that day. We were in for an interesting afternoon. First of all, I didn't realize until we got there that they must tape part of Scrubs on the same lot, as I saw several set pieces decorated with "Sacred Heart Hospital" as we were waiting in line. Once we got in to the studio, I could read one of the teleprompters and discovered that the guests were Niecy Nash (of Clean House and Reno 911!), the Real Housewives of Atlanta, and former governor Rod Blagojevich. Oh, joy. Well, I enjoy Niecy Nash and she was just as funny and sweet on this show as I've always seen her before. The Real Housewives are apparently out of control on their own show, and according to the audience warm-up guy they were wild on someone else's show yesterday, but today they were BORING. They were all mumbling, nearly inaudible, and barely even answered the questions Bonnie and Niecy asked them. Sorely disappointing. The real meat of the day came in when Bonnie got to put questions to the impeached governor of Illinois. Being a Chicago girl herself, she asked some pretty pointed questions and wouldn't let him weasel out of anything. I think he was taken aback a bit! It's supposed to air tomorrow, so maybe you'll see me. :) Oh, and as we were leaving, one of the audience members heard a voice calling, "I'm better than Bonnie Hunt any day!" A dark haired guy zoomed by on a bike, and as he passed ten feet from me, all I could do to react was to point at him and shout "Zach Braff!" Yes, I am a complete dork. That was cool since I enjoy Scrubs. Anyway.

Haiku News
Bizarre case unfolds
of man and his four women
and some superglue.

Seinfeld's wife wins out
in the plagiarism case
brought by Ms. Lapine.

Community group
taped advising prostitute
and pimp on their jobs?

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Zach Braff!! I love Scrubs! That's pretty awesome :)