Thursday, June 10, 2010

So, that happened.

As in, I had an idea for something to write and now I can't seem to wrap my brain around it. This is unfortunately not the next blog post I had in mind to write, but it will have to do for now. Perhaps I will be able to get that Gaga poem going soon, but we will be out of town this weekend so I'm not sure when I will be able to work on it. Sigh.

In other news, our boy is coming up with new and amazing things to say every day lately. My mom came to visit us yesterday after spending a week in London with my nephew, and brought him back a toy double-decker bus. He calls it the "London bus" and loves it (which surprises no one). He can jump up and down while holding onto something (i.e., crib rail, couch arm, Mommy). It's pretty funny to watch him try to jump without holding on to things, though. He just kind of bounces on his toes and flaps his arms around. He can also point out where Baby Brother is and say "I luff you" and kiss my tummy. Awwww.

Baby boy is still going strong. He is slowly trading his hard kicks for more subtle rolls and stretches, but he will quite often find a position that will cause at least mild discomfort. However, I will take any pain he wants to dish out, it will all be more than worth it in the end.

Finally, in browsing around blogs I follow, this article caught my eye. I love when poetry can help in changing someone's life, and this is one of those times.

No comments: