Wednesday, June 30, 2010

If you leave me now...

This morning I woke up with that Chicago song in my head. You know, the one that goes "If you leave me now, you take away the biggest part of me..." I had to chuckle since if I had my baby, he would basically be taking away the biggest part of me right now (i.e. my belly). I crack myself up sometimes.

While the beginning of this pregnancy really dragged for me (anxiety will do that, I suppose), the end has really been flying. I have a huge list of things I still need to do that I compiled while I was supposed to be napping the other day, and only a few of them have been accomplished. My work is cut out for me since I am still tired, itchy (bug bites, ugh!!) and increasingly cranky. At least the weather the past few days has been mercifully in the 70s. No such luck for the upcoming weekend, but then the in-laws will be in town to assist with the toddler, who is slowing down for no one. It should be a nice visit--their last until the little brother arrives. Hard to believe that d-day is no more than 23 days away! We may take an induction date on the 19th if I am showing enough signs of readiness; we shall see as that date approaches.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Coming into the stretch!

I remember, as my delivery date got closer, I was increasingly anxious to get my son out of there; then, when the actual labor pains hit, I told my husband that I had changed my mind. :)

Also funny---the night I went into labor, we had gone to bed at 11:00, and I wondered aloud to my husband whether I would be able to be certain that I was having real labor pains, or whether it would feel like really bad menstrual cramps. Two hours later, I found out!

cicely

Minerva said...

Cicely--I can totally understand your thoughts on labor.

I was actually induced with my first son, so I have no idea what "real labor" is like. If this one decides to come early I won't be sure what is happening at first either! Good to know that you figured it out. :)