Friday, December 23, 2011

Carol collage.

I have been carrying this idea around while scurrying/baking/cleaning/packing over the last week, and now that we are where we plan to spend the holiday, I am going to finally put it down on paper, so to speak. I learned this in my favorite poetry professor's class; draw from words of established lyrics to create a new work. I will take the titles of a bunch of Christmas carols, stir, and create a poem.

Here goes.

Christmas Carollage

I heard, I saw,
its beginning.

The manger
upon a midnight clear,
a silent night,
o holy breath of heaven.

This child of love come down,
clear joy come to rest,
in the cold, bleak winter
a wonderland.

Little baby king,
wishing all merry,
a snow-white star on high
in Bethlehem.

Silver bells jingle
ding dong merrily.
Angels sing noel,
I'll be home, for Christmas. 

3 comments:

paige said...

Aww! That's so cute!! Love it!

Anonymous said...

Deck the halls with silver bells,
The goose is getting fat.
Peace on Earth, good-will to men--
We all need more of that---
While shepards watch their flocks by night
Upon a midnight clear,
We wish you a Merry Christmas
Without any fear.
-
(It kinda falls down at the end, but oh, well....)

cicely

Minerva said...

Merry Christmas, Cicely. I like it :)