Thursday, June 30, 2011

Treading water.

I just celebrated 10 years of marriage to my wonderful husband on Friday. While we are very happy, we are also kind of in a holding pattern of late. He is looking for a new job, and depending on where he finds it we are most likely going to move. How big a move remains to be seen, so right now we are just waiting. (For me, this includes hypothetical house searching on the internet.) It has been several months now and it is getting harder to wait as we go along. I know the right thing will happen when it's supposed to, I just wish that time was NOW so we could start making plans for when and how to go where we're going. Doing all this with little kids will be a first; when we moved into this house I was in my second trimester with my first son.

For now, I guess the healthiest thing is just to try to be patient, and meanwhile enjoy my time here in the city with the boys and try not to let the little things pass me by while I'm worrying about stuff I can't control.

Haiku News

Blago jury finds
ex-governor guilty on
seventeen charges.

Finally showing
that you can't get away with
pay-to-play 'round here.

TSA denies
asking 95-year-old
to remove diaper.

More testimony
in the Knox murder appeal;
nothing is resolved.

Franco's latest thing:
creating invisible
art offered for sale. 

I think I completely forgot to post this after writing it over a day ago. Where is my head?

4 comments:

paige said...

honestly? i think your attitude has been *astounding* - i'm priviledged enough to hear some of your raw feelings every once in awhile, but about this??!! You have been so incredibly supportive & encouraging of bill behind his back - you have handled yourself with grace & patience when i can't imagine where you've found it.
You have endurance, chicky - prayin' you get to swim soon & can get out of your treading water holding pattern!!

Minerva said...

Thanks, Paige...that means a lot to me, especially coming from you! :)

Mimi said...

I told you in the Kairos parent letter I should have named you Grace, and that was how many years ago now? You grow in that virtue daily, it seems to me. I'm so proud of you!

Minerva said...

awww...thanks Mama :)