Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Relocation.

Hey, readers...

If you are still there...

At least I have somewhat of a valid excuse for failing to post for so long this time. My family moved from a teeming metropolis to what can more accurately be described as a hamlet, and I couldn't be happier about it. Cleaner air, no traffic, friendly people, tons of kids, parks, trees, good schools...and we found an amazing house.

So amazing in fact that I am actually trying harder than I ever have before to take care of it. I joined a website recently called FlyLady.net, which was designed by and for non-type A people like me. Rather, we are perfectionists and procrastinators at the same time, which pretty much prevented us from doing much of anything related to housework...the perfectionist side says "I don't want to do it if I can't do it perfectly, or do it all right now," while the procrastinator side says "I'll do it later." Either way it doesn't lend to a very nice looking place. So I'm starting my baby steps to keep this new house the way I found it, or at least a livable facsimile of that. Everything isn't perfect, but hopefully I'll at least get to everything around once a week once I fully establish all my routines. :)

The kids are doing great. They love their new room (it even has a huge walk in closet that the previous owners had used as a toy room, and I have kept it the same for ours), and they are enjoying our trips to the park. I signed my big boy up to start preschool in three weeks. I can't believe how big he is. Tonight at dinner he said, "Mommy, you're amazing." Sigh. The little guy is crawling at the speed of light. His latest trick is stairs, and he will pull up on just about anything, or anyone, he can get his little hands on. He's taken to calling his brother "Baba."

I can't think of much else right at the moment; hopefully I'll make more of an effort to post in the next few weeks as we are more settled in. Haiku News will come back shortly after that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your move.
Sounds like you have lucked into
An excellent deal!
-


Poem-theme flashback:
Mousol: the part of a mouse
We don't talk about.

:)
-