Sunday, November 14, 2010

Where DOES the time go?

I mean, really.

Last Wednesday I turned 32. I had to ask my husband several times leading up to it what age I was really going to be, I keep forgetting.

This Friday my baby boy will be four months old already. He smiles and holds his head up very well while on his stomach, and has the beginning of a cute laugh starting. He doesn't scream through his entire bath anymore, just when I'm washing his hair and face, and then he calms down again as I am drying him off. He likes to "talk" to me if I hold him in front of me. So cute!

My older son is now obsessed with the Ellen Degeneres Show. He particularly loves the beginning of the show; he tries to sing along with the theme song and copies the announcer saying "From the Warner Brothers Studios, here she is now, Ellen Degeneres!" as she walks out of the big doors on her stage. He will do this with two toy cars and a drinking straw or whatever he can find. Too funny.

My husband is doing NaNoWriMo this year, as I did last year. I realized as he began his writing that I had been avoiding the editing process with my novel from last year, and I have finally started editing it. I am 2/3 of the way through it, if only for the very basic edits. I am relieved that it isn't quite as bad as I feared it would be going back through it. I only hope that when I let other people read it they won't think it's worse than I do!

Before I forget, I am going to put here my next idea for a poetry challenge: write a poem based on some interesting news story. Mine will be about this year's Rockefeller Center Christmas tree. I shall also try to get back on here to write that poem within a week or so. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's an amusement
(At least from my point of view)--
Honda Haiku graph!

http://graphjam.memebase.com/2010/11/19/funny-graphs-introducing-the-honda-haiku/#9secs

paige said...

What's your process for editing? & how did your husband do for nano?
sorry so short - but i'm outta time :)

Minerva said...

Paige--I think I'm pretty old-fashioned. I tend to go through the whole thing and re-read it and fix stuff as I find it. Bill finished the word count but isn't 100% happy with his Nano novel. I hope he will let me read it and help him with it! He will read mine soon, I think. It's still not done by a longshot but I think it needs more eyes.