Friday, November 21, 2008

Quick update

So, I fear that I will not be able to write again for awhile, as I have 125 pages to read by Tuesday for one class, and a good 20 poems to read for Wednesday for my other class. I love being a student, but I don't read quickly and I don't have time to do it until my little angel goes to bed for the night, which usually isn't until 7:30 or 8:00, and I sometimes still have to eat dinner after that. This mom stuff isn't easy. As I was telling my own mom the other day, it's "tricky." To say the least.

I have been struggling with getting my little one to go down for his naps. Even though he is clearly tired at certain times of day, he is a sleep fighter. He also refuses to nap in his crib, he prefers snuggling on me while I lie on the couch. This is sweet and all, but destroys any chance of me getting much done during the day. Ah well, I realize that he will not still be doing this when he is in high school, or even when he is five. So I'll try to appreciate it for what it is. 

I had a rather ludicrous dream this morning while napping with the little one, which involved a really odd food item. Maybe I'll try a ditty about that.

Lying on the couch
dreaming of ground eagle--tastes
just like chicken? Hmm.

Yes, I have probably the most bizarre dreams ever. Once I had a dream about a beach party in which all the revelers were dressed in different colored dog costumes.

And with that, I take my leave...the little one is ready for his nap.

No comments: