Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Sometimes you're the bug.

A lyric of a song by Mary Chapin Carpenter springs to mind today: "Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug." Today was a buggy sort of day. Here's the things I can remember that my toddler did today.
  • After three days being dry in underpants, he came to me after wetting his pants less than an hour after he had gone on the potty. Sigh.
  • He skipped his nap, and when I got in the room after my shower, he was in his brother's crib jumping up and down while his brother screamed with a blanket over his head.
  • He screamed in my face at least three times.
  • He hit me with a stick from his new drum.
  • He pushed me and hit me, while laughing.
  • He moved the pack n' play, and when I started to move it back, he shoved it very hard and knocked a timer off a nearby piece of furniture, breaking it.
  • He climbed up on the kitchen table and shook pepper all over it.
And with that, I will turn in and hope for a better day tomorrow.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Time for time outs (a la JoJo the nanny)to commence? I realize it's hard to initiate two new things at once, but he's getting past what even a doting grandmother thinks tolerable when he's hitting his mama. Don't mess with my kids - even when they are mothers themselves! XOXO